Sunday, April 22, 2012

This is Me!

This is all about the stuff that I hold so dear. A vast source of people and events that make life truly meaningful. Like a new home, here is a place that I can finally call my own. I could be anywhere in the world, but with one click I am transported back to where my heart should be, right here, translating my thoughts into words

Passion for Words
People close to me can attest to how writing fills my heart. Next to God, its the end all and be all of my being. Some view writing as a job, a task that requires effort to fulfill. If it is indeed some form of work, then I must have been born into the entire process and i can probably say the same thing about my Dad, the original journalist in the family , hence the source of my life long passion.

Writer's Block

When I worked for PR agency I got the shock of my life when I heard a colleague ranting about suffering from writer's block. I've been working as a reporter for the longest time, and i never realized that there was such a thing as writer's block. I told my father about it and he laughed his heart out. Had I known about its existence, I would have used it as an excuse whenever I would miss a deadline. I should also be prepared to lose my job, because I know for a fact that newspaper writers did not have the luxury of a writer's block. It simply did not exist in the newsroom.

Agency Stress

Newspaper work and PR agency stress are poles apart. Both are challenging, but in varying degrees. Newspaper work trains individuals to develop the nose for news and to explore all possible story angles. Being journalist is a life long brain exercise, because every idea gives birth to twist. Pr work on the other hand comes with an addicting pressure. It is definitely not for the faint hearted. It is perfect for those aspiring to be miracle workers, because anything can happen. It also fuels the team work spirit. Unlike a journalist who is basically on his own in PR, team work is very important.

It Runs in the Family


My father literally wrote for a living. All seven children where fed, clothed and sheltered because he can excellently craft words and sentences. This is why I simply do not subscribe to the romantic idea about starving writers. I myself cannot function without nourishment, and so a starving writer is simply not possible. People starve because they refuse to work. A person who makes good use of his time, producing quality work will never go hungry.

The Only Child


                                                        Mia Besa 11 months old


If writing fills the soul, motherhood supplies the ripples in the waves. A refreshing experience that confirms the joy in one's existence. Mothers have endless superlatives about the happiness brought by parenthood. And while it has been the subject of all forms of literature one has to experience it first hand in order to fully appreciate its essence. The adorable baby is my first born, my only child. She was barely a year old when this was taken. In fact she wasn't even strong enough to sit on her own. I had to literally run to her after the first shot, or else she will fall off the platform. The image was used for her first birthday party celebration.

By the way the only child is all grown up now. An honest-to-goodness sports and dance fanatic, aspiring to become a physician. Mom of course is keeping thy fingers crossed.



                                                          Having fun in UP!!!


Back to Basics


Work has always been about writing, although lately the journalist in me seemed to be working over time. I particularly befriended doodlekit so I can post published pieces. Besides I've been using my skills to market all sorts of keywords in the past, I might as well try doing it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment